A Proud Licensee of Certified Angus Beef® Brand
Land & Sea is pleased to announce that we have become only the few nationally licensed distributor of the Certified Angus Beef® brand. As one of the few distributors in the entire region, we are delighted to offer our customers the opportunity to purchase the unrivaled flavor, juiciness and tenderness of this storied, well-respected national brand.
Since 1978, Certified Angus Beef® brand has used 10 exacting standards by which to judge the taste and quality of beef. In fact, only 1 in 4 Angus cattle meet their exceedingly high criteria. They believe the best way to meet those standards is by working directly with dedicated family ranchers. These ranchers have committed themselves to raising not just Angus beef, but the best Angus beef ever made.
The 10 Quality Specifications
Marbling and Maturity
1. Modest or higher marbling – for the taste that ensures customer satisfaction
2. Medium or fine marbling texture – the white "flecks of flavor" that ensure consistent flavor
3. Only the youngest classification qualifies as "A" maturity – for superior color, texture and tenderness
4. 10- to 16-sq. in. ribeye area
5. 1,050-pound hot carcass weight or less
6. Less than 1" fat thickness
Quality Appearance and Tenderness
7. Superior muscling – restricts influence of dairy cattle
8. Practically free of capillary ruptures – ensures the most visually appealing steak
9. No dark cutters – ensures the most visually appealing steak
10. No neck hump exceeding 2" – safeguards against cattle with more variability in tenderness