1. How long have you been working at Land & Sea? What do you enjoy most about your work?
2. What is the most challenging part of your job?
As we like to say, “the ocean is not a conveyor belt”. We deal with a lot of wild product, and sometimes fisherman come back without a catch. Keeping up with inventory levels and making sure our customers have what they need, when they need it can be difficult at times.
3. What is your favorite type of seafood? How do you prepare it?
4. Tell us about life outside of work... what do you like doing in your time away from the job?
5. I'm happiest when...
I’m traveling. I enjoy exploring different cities in the U.S. and abroad, sampling local cuisine. You can learn so much about other people and cultures through their food. I love walking the streets, meeting locals, and stopping at restaurants simply because something looked or smelled good.
6. People would be surprised if they knew _______ (about me).
7. What is the one thing you can't live without?
8. What is your favorite restaurant in Pittsburgh?
This is a tough one. There are so many great places in and around Pittsburgh! … With that said, Kat and I find ourselves going back to one place, The Twisted Frenchman in East Liberty. I am very excited for Chef Drew’s new space, Bar Frenchman, opening in August!
Follow Brandon on Instagram: @brandonbeatty